What Other Damage Should Clients Be Concerned About Besides Damage from the Fire?
There are Many Items to Be Concerned About After Your Thompson Fire Damage.
Whenever there is a fire, most clients are naturally concerned about the fire's damage in their Thomson homes. Depending on the fire's location and how quickly the fire was brought under control by the fire department, there can be secondary damage as well.
SERVPRO has over 150 years of experience providing fire restoration services to Thompson area residents and business owners. We also offer water and storm-related services to our clients. Whenever there is a fire, the damage from the fire can be extensive. However, there can also be secondary damage that must be considered in restoration plans.
Potential secondary damage, in addition to burning, scorching, and melting, can include the following:
- Water damage
- Mold growth and removal
- Smoke odor throughout the home
- General cleaning required to remove soot distribution throughout the home
Our fire restoration team can assess the damage after the fire is contained and provide an estimate regarding the restoration required to return your home to its original condition, "Like it never even happened."
What Are the High Priority Items Clients Should Remove from Their Home After a Fire?
Fleeing a fire is always the highest priority to keep everyone safe and unharmed. However, there are several items most people are going to need after the fire. The fire department can determine if it is safe to re-enter the home to retrieve important documents and other items you may need. SERVPRO can also assist our clients in recovering anything they may need. For example, the following are often on a clients list:
- Identification – driver's license, passports, health cards, credit cards
- Insurance documents, home title or deed information
- Phone numbers for contacts – personal and utility
- Records for prescriptions and account information for banks
- Unique items for children and anyone with health issues
- Pets and any items needed for your pet, including food and medicine
Call SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties (706) 843-1990 to help with the fire restoration of your home.