Home Lesson to Move You from Zero Investment to Real Estate Success in Augusta
SERVPRO is ready to assist you and your multiple properties.
Augusta Entrepreneurs Can Learn Great Tips to Invest Locally or Nationwide
Investing in properties is one way to secure a better financial future if done correctly. It is also a realistic way of breaking from the limitations of a W2 job. Various obstacles like limited cash and lack or overload of information prevent most people from taking the plunge. Taking part in the webinar dubbed Wholesaling Real Estate in Augusta, GA, can help you clear any doubts you may have on whether real estate is for you.
It is a free event that can benefit you in different ways, including:
- Revealing proven strategies that you can use in any part of the country
- Showing you tax code write-off's real estate offers you
- Showing you ways to start with minimal capital
The webinar is suitable for those new to real estate. It is also helpful for those with some experience and wants to move to the next level. You can follow the webinar on your phone or computer, starting from 7 AM on November 18th, 2020.
If you own several properties, you can count on SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties to help you manage water damage should your Augusta properties be affected. Call us at (706) 843-1990.
Have Storm Damage in Thomson? We Can Help!
SERVPRO® of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties are ready to serve you should you experience storm damage in Thomson
Assessing Damage to Your Thomson Home or Business
Storms may not produce a large amount of rain; however, wind damage may be enough to affect your home and cause water damage. High winds can lift shingles, and when combined with wind driven rain could mean roof leaks. Water leaks from roof damage may hide in attic cavities that you may not initially see. Spotting weak areas on your home or businesses roof can mean the difference between identifying issues then fixing it quickly, or extensive damage. Call SERVPRO® of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties experts to be your guide on assessing damage and restoring your Thomson home from water damage. We can search with you to identify leaks, areas of concern, assess vents and fans that may be prone to leaks, and windows. All of these could pose a potential problem for leaks from storms.
Preventing Damage to Your Home
You cannot completely protect your home from storm damage, but you can take preventative measures. After a storm rolls through your area, you could experience damage to your home or business from flooding or wind damage. Wind damage and storm damage can occur sometimes simultaneously. One step towards creating a safer environment is to relocate or rid the area of loose debris that could harm windows, exterior, and roof.
Pro Tip: Thomson homes at risk for storm damage may need to store away their outdoor furniture and potted plants when expecting strong winds.
Restoring Your Home or Business with SERVPRO
Our processes for approaching a water loss is first, timeliness. We work with a 1-4-8 System, with connecting with you in less than an hour. Reporting to the loss site within 4 hours to arrive on site to start the restoration process through extracting’, setting equipment, and other necessary first-steps. After on-site arrival, 8-hours to communicate with your insurance company and receive a verbal briefing for scope of storm damage help Thomson work.
Pro Tip: Visit the NOAA webpage to get further information about future threatening weather and protecting your home or business.
Need help from SERVPRO® of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties? Call us at 706-843-1990
Are Homes Total Losses After Flood Damages?
We understand how seriously flood water can impact your home. No matter when you make the call, we have technicians who can assist you.
Natural flooding can be devastating for Grovetown homes, but our SERVPRO professionals can protect whatever possible.
When natural flooding occurs in Grovetown homes, it can be devastating for the structure and its occupants. With severe weather concerns common to the area, multiple families can get impacted by a singular natural disaster. With the likelihood of storm and flood damages throughout the region, we have a growing roster of experienced technicians ready to mobilize quickly when these disasters damage your house.
Because flood damage in Grovetown homes impacts so many areas of the property, multiple emergency services must begin as soon as our SERVPRO team arrives. Our rapid response technicians can work through several initial tasks that employ both our Water Restoration Technicians (WRT) and a group with building experience. These these professionals can help to reduce the devastation of natural flooding in the property in several areas, including:
- Temporary Construction - Techs can utilize their expertise to identify structural concerns and address these situations immediately. Vulnerabilities in the exterior of the house can lead to continued flood damages. Board up and tarping are standard temporary solutions to these vulnerabilities.
- Debris Removal – Debris, solids, organic matter, and mud can all get brought in with rising water levels and conditions like flash flooding. Removing these concerns through muck-out cleaning reduces concentrations of foul odors and potential contaminants.
- Extraction – Our water restorers must deploy several powerful tools in our inventory if pooling water does remain. Mismanaged pooling can result in oversaturation of exposed materials and greater needs for tear-out and build back. We use our industry-leading inventory to manage standing water concerns in the property.
- Controlled Demolition – Our team must determine what materials and structural elements have become too severely impacted to preserve. Sagging and deteriorating surfaces require removal and discarding for safe restoration in the house.
- Content Recovery – Identifying damage to personal belongings, furniture, and other contents is vital in cleaning and recovering these items. Through on-site cleaning and off-site restoration solutions, we can salvage what matters most to you.
Can Relocating Damaged Belongings Help?
The management and inventory of damaged contents in your flooded home can reduce the overall loss for customers. Because so many homeowners have one-of-a-kind treasures and keepsakes, not everything has a monetary value for replacement. We emphasize content management through relocating at-risk items upon arrival. When moved to our nearby SERVPRO facility, our cleaning technicians can offer several techniques to return these items to preloss condition, including:
- Cleaning – Surface cleaning strategies employ several abrasive and agitative methods ranging from brushes to media blasting. We can remove soils and residues to restore the vibrancy of your belongings.
- Deodorization – Flooding introduces decaying matter, sewage, and other substances into your home and to its contents. Time spent in the ozone chamber can neutralize harsh odors trapped in porous contents.
- Storage – With a climate-controlled facility, we can keep your belongings safe from the elements for days or months, depending on how complex and involved the restoration and recovery process is for your flood-damaged home.
How Can SERVPRO Prevent the Spread of Water Damage?
- Water Removal – Removing surface water is among the first logical steps in slowing the spread of flood damage throughout a property. Using various extraction methods ranging from submersible pumps to wet vacuums, we can prepare the property for cleaning and drying to come.
- Drying – Multiple tools play a role in moisture management and drying after a flood. Because oversaturation can be such a concern, controlled demolition must often precede the placement of air movers and dehumidification tools.
- Containment – By installing wood framing covered with thick poly-sheeting, we can establish clear drying zones. With these areas enclosed, regulating airflow, temperature, and humidity become easier.
- Monitoring – Using sophisticated tools and technologies, our professionals can monitor moisture pockets and the progression of drying practices in a home after a flood. By understanding a migration path, we can stop the spread and manage moisture concerns.
How Long Will Flood Restoration Take?
There is no singular timeline for flood restoration and recovery. With our SERVPRO team's fast response to post-disaster cleanup, we can begin mitigation actions to reduce total restoration times and possible losses. Because each situation is unique, some homes suffer more significant exposure to potential contaminants and bacteria after flooding than others. Between controlled demolition and reconstruction necessary in these cases, a property's overall recovery time could extend.
Specific practices implemented at the right times can be time and money-saving actions for customers. Mitigation is an entire phase of water and flood restoration devoted exclusively to reducing overall property loss through swift actions that lessen the severity of specific conditions. SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties (706) 843-1990.
How SERVPRO Products Provide Thomson Fire Damage Help
These 3 SERVPRO of Augusta South products are frequently used to restore your home after a fire, often helping to prepare walls for fresh paint.
Benefits to Using SERVPRO Products
SERVPRO of Augusta South understands that fire damage can at times be a traumatic experience. Let the professionals protect one of your most valuable assets, your home. After SERVPRO of Augusta South professionals determine the level of severity of a fire loss at your home, crews will arrive on site equipped with SERVPRO-made products to restore your home to preloss condition.
Products SERVPRO crews utilize for cleaning your homes structure and contents:
- SERVPRO Wall and All Plus #352
- This product is a boosted chemical ideal for washing your homes walls from soot and grime, while retaining the walls integrity.
- SERVPRO Fire Star #356
- Fire Star product is noted to be one of strongest cleaners on the market. It is designed and tested primarily for the removal of heavy smoke damage from metal and painted surfaces.
- SERVPRO Industrial Cleaner #357
- The SERVPRO Industrial Cleaner is excellent for removing heavy grease and soils. This product is primarily used for carpet cleaning for restorative purposes from fire damage.
These three products are the most frequently used chemicals by SERVPRO of Augusta South crews for use at a fire loss. Each product has a unique purpose for cleaning your home from fire damage. SERVPRO products have been created, tested, and distributed for cleaning to “prepare for painting.” These products of cleaning help to deodorize and ensure that new paint will adhere properly to the surfaces.
SERVPRO of Augusta South professionals are extensively trained and certified using SERVPRO-produced products and are very familiar with like-branded products. You can feel confident knowing that SERVPRO crews have the knowledge base of when and how to use these products and will use these practices to restore your home after a Thomson fire.
Do you need fire damage help Thomson? Let us help you begin to restore your home and life. Call us, SERVPRO of Augusta South at (706) 843-1990
What are the Main Threats of Mold Growth in an Augusta School Dorm?
Mold damage to your campus needs to be handled quickly. Contact SERVPRO 24/7 for professional remediation and mitigation services.
Augusta has many institutions that can become threatened by microbial growth.
With prestigious institutions throughout Augusta such as Paine College and Augusta University, thousands of students must make use of available room and board at these campuses every year. With mismanaged water losses and being an active area for storm and flood losses, dorms can be at risk for destructive forces like microbial growth.
When you consider the necessary steps for mold removal in Augusta campus structures, you can realize that professional remediation has specific focuses to address active colonization. The removal of all mold is impossible, as spores exist naturally in nearly every environment waiting for the ideal moisture and temperature conditions to seat and grow. Once colonization begins, there are three primary obstacles for our remediation specialists, including:
- Volatile Organic Compounds – Perhaps one of the most hazardous aspects of mold growth in a dorm is the health effects that this organism can present to those exposed.
- Structural Deterioration – With housing for hundreds of co-eds in one building, spreading mold organisms can have a widespread impact on structural integrity. This can displace many students.
- Harsh Musty Odors – While you might be able to manage surface mold concerns quickly, deodorization is necessary to control the musty odors that colonies can generate.
How Can the Spread of Mold Colonies Get Limited in the Structure?
Containment is a vital effort when our remediators first arrive. With physical barriers created with plastic sheeting and wood frames to applying negative air chambers, we can limit active colonization in the dorm.
Without immediate action from competent professionals, mold and microbial growth can spread quickly and unabated in campus structures. Our SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties team can help with experience and a fast response when you call (706) 843-1990.
Click here for more information about Augusta.
SERVPRO Can Help You Take Control After Fire Damage
A large electrical fire spread through this beautiful custom-built home’s attic, causing severe fire damage.
Don’t Let a House Fire Damage Take Control of Your Life
Because a Grovetown house fire can be a traumatic experience and varies in levels of severity, it is vitally important to select the right fire restoration company to carry you through the entire delicate process. SERVPRO does just that. With certified crew chiefs and technicians, advanced equipment, and processes for restoring your home after a fire incident, SERVPRO is always ready to serve you.
The SERVPRO Difference in Fire Damage Help
We SERVPRO professionals’ hand-carry our client’s through the entire fire damage restoration process and make performing excellent customer service a priority. We exceed customer service standards through the following:
- Conducting Expert, Thorough Inspections
- Communicating Openly with Our Clients
- Minimizing the Extent of the Loss
- Using our “Restoring vs. Replacing” Mentality
- Promptly Identifying Restorable Items
- Producing Quality Restoration
For fire damage restoration, we follow a 1-4-8 process for timeliness in responding to your needs.
1-Hour to respond to your needs and assure that help is on the way; 4-Hours from the notice of loss to be on-site and start restoration services, and 8-Hours to verbally brief the appropriate party of the scope of work to be conducted to restore your Grovetown home to preloss condition. We offer pretesting of restorability from your fire damaged contents, as well as deodorizing your home after fire damage and soot have overtaken your home.
Using Local Resources for Fire Prevention
Local Grovetown Fire Departments have taken the initiative to educate the Grovetown community about fire prevention tips for Fire Prevention Week 2020. In addition, the Red Cross provides expert information about Grovetown house fire prevention that you could find useful. Click Here to Learn More about house fire prevention, and tips to lower the negative impact a fire could have on you, your family, and your home.
Need Help? Have Questions?
SERVPRO of Augusta is available 24/7 for fire damage help. Call us at (706) 843-1990 to be on your way to having your home restored quickly!
What Other Damage Should Clients Be Concerned About Besides Damage from the Fire?
There are many concerns when you have a fire damage, let SERVPRO ease your mind.
There are Many Items to Be Concerned About After Your Thompson Fire Damage.
Whenever there is a fire, most clients are naturally concerned about the fire's damage in their Thomson homes. Depending on the fire's location and how quickly the fire was brought under control by the fire department, there can be secondary damage as well.
SERVPRO has over 150 years of experience providing fire restoration services to Thompson area residents and business owners. We also offer water and storm-related services to our clients. Whenever there is a fire, the damage from the fire can be extensive. However, there can also be secondary damage that must be considered in restoration plans.
Potential secondary damage, in addition to burning, scorching, and melting, can include the following:
- Water damage
- Mold growth and removal
- Smoke odor throughout the home
- General cleaning required to remove soot distribution throughout the home
Our fire restoration team can assess the damage after the fire is contained and provide an estimate regarding the restoration required to return your home to its original condition, "Like it never even happened."
What Are the High Priority Items Clients Should Remove from Their Home After a Fire?
Fleeing a fire is always the highest priority to keep everyone safe and unharmed. However, there are several items most people are going to need after the fire. The fire department can determine if it is safe to re-enter the home to retrieve important documents and other items you may need. SERVPRO can also assist our clients in recovering anything they may need. For example, the following are often on a clients list:
- Identification – driver's license, passports, health cards, credit cards
- Insurance documents, home title or deed information
- Phone numbers for contacts – personal and utility
- Records for prescriptions and account information for banks
- Unique items for children and anyone with health issues
- Pets and any items needed for your pet, including food and medicine
Call SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties (706) 843-1990 to help with the fire restoration of your home.
What Do Business Owners Need to Remove Water in Their Facilities?
For Fast Water Damage Mitigation--Call SERVPRO in Grovetown--We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Grovetown Business Owners Need Professional Restoration from SERVPRO
What Are the Initial Actions Needed to Clear Out a Commercial Operation?
On arrival to any Grovetown business, SERVPRO begins with the following steps:
- Shut down the water if not yet accomplished.
- Quickly inspect the building to determine the most impacted areas.
- Remove standing water with large pumps and commercial-grade extraction wands.
- Open all windows and doors possible to increase natural air circulation and evaporation (weather permitting), then augment both using a series of air movers throughout the structure and dehumidifiers in areas with the high humidity levels.
How Quickly Can Restoration Teams Remove the Water?
The speed of commercial water removal in Grovetown businesses depends primarily on the size of the facility and how much water is trapped inside. For example, a light industry facility may have less than an inch over the floor, but the large size of the building requires additional time to make certain every square foot is taken care of professionally.
The extra steps needed for residential carpets, however, are not needed for most business operations. Even in office settings, commercial carpeting does not have a pad underneath that quickly absorbs water. That allows our restoration specialists to avoid spending the time needed for lifting the carpet, removing the pad, and then drying both the carpet and the floor underneath.
What If Some of the Water Came Out of a Backed-up Sewer Line?
If this happens, restoration specialists spray a powerful anti-bacterial cleaner over any standing water, pools, and affected surfaces. After removing the water, they spray the now exposed surfaces again before removing the non-salvageable contaminated carpeting.
To learn more about SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties commercial restoration efforts, call (706) 843-1990 today. We are here to help you reopen for business as quickly and safely as possible.
Can SERVPRO Stop Color Bleeding On Rugs During Water Removal?
Our water damage experts are trained in a wide variety of restoration needs, even upholstery and fabric cleaning and odor control. Call us today.
Thomson Homeowners Do Not Want To Replace Rugs After Water Removal.
A rug is an excellent accessory in any Thomson home. From traditional-style rugs, like Grandma might have to fun and colorful rag rugs, a floor covering can make a difference to your home's atmosphere.
Unfortunately, rugs are among the items that can get damaged during a water incident. Whether the water is from inclement weather or an indoor leak, it is disheartening to see your possessions soaked. People who need water removal in Thomson want to know that the remediation team will take good care of their belongings.
Will I have to replace my rug after water removal?
Every water removal situation is individual. However, SERVPRO of August South / Burke & Wilkes Counties emphasizes restoration over replacement. We understand that you don't want to trash your prized possessions, nor do you want to spend more money than necessary.
There are cases where it is impossible to save rugs, such as floods, where raw sewage is present. However, we can clean, dry, and restore your favorite floor coverings in many cases, leaving them, "Like it never even happened."
When should I call SERVPRO?
Call us as soon as you find a leak or flood in your home. No job is too big or too small for our teams, and it is better to call sooner rather than later. The longer you leave water standing, the greater the risk of fungal growth, and the less chance we have to save your belongings. We are available 24/7, so do not wait.
Is there anything I can do while I wait for SERVPRO?
If it is safe for you to do so, we recommend:
- Removing books, magazines, or any other colored objects from wet rugs as these can cause staining
- Placing wooden blocks or squares of aluminum foil under wooden furniture legs to protect against rust stains
- Moving the rug away from the wet carpet beneath
You can also mop or blot up excess water from the rug or carpet's surface, but please do not attempt to use a household vacuum or any other electronic device. Only carry out these tasks if the room is safe for you to enter with no sagging ceilings or other visible risks.
How does SERVPRO extract the water?
The first step in saving your rug is to extract water from the rug and the carpet or floor beneath it. Our technicians use a range of extraction tools, including:
- Free-standing pumps which are portable and can be used throughout your home providing there is a source of electricity
- Truck-mounted pumps which are suitable for larger volumes of water or where there is not a source of electricity (because they run off the truck's fuel)
- Light wands which are ideal for removing water from the surface of glued-down carpet
- Self-propelled and stationary extraction tools to pull water out of the carpet
What can you do to stop color bleeding?
We make sure your rug is clear of any colored items that could spread pigment onto it, and we keep it away from furniture that could stain it. We removed water consistently and evenly, to protect the rug and leave the pile undamaged.
We train our technicians to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards, so you can rest assured they are up to date on the latest industry techniques for water removal and remediation.
What about cleaning my rugs?
Our teams can certainly help you with cleaning. Before we clean, we carry out a series of tests to determine:
- The type of fibers
- The colorfastness of the rug
- The type and level of soiling
- Any pre-existing stains or damage and how they might affect cleaning
We test for color bleeding on multi-colored rugs. We try an inconspicuous area and watch for bleeding, including color running at the end of drying, as some color does not run until the fiber is nearly dry. We test every color in the rug before commencing the next stage.
If the rug is one color, we test for color loss before we clean.
Can you help with drying too?
Yes, once the rug is clean, we dry it. We have air movers, portable heaters, and dehumidifiers on hand to hasten drying. We can also hang the carpet to let air circulate and encourage it to dry faster. If you are concerned about lingering damp smells, we can apply deodorizing products to the rug, and we can also use air scrubbers to clean the air in the room.
If you are concerned about your rugs getting water damaged, call SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties at (706) 843-1990.
We Are Knee-Deep in Floodwater -- Who Can Help Remove It Fast in Augusta?
“Like it never even happened.”
Post-Storm Floodwater Removal in Augusta Completes Quickly When SERVPRO Arrives with a Trained Team and the Appropriate Equipment
Torrential rains sweep and train across Georgia toward Augusta, fueled by different extreme weather systems, including hurricanes, tropical storms, and tropical depressions. When several inches of rain falls during a short period, the ground cannot absorb the moisture fast enough. Saturated landscaping near your foundation and the potential for overland floods combine to confront you with several inches of contaminated fluids in your lowest levels.
Is It Important to Remove Flood Waters Promptly?
Floodwater removal in your Augusta home is an urgent matter. The need for speed raises your stress levels because no homeowner is ready to rid a property of significant amounts of excess water without professional help. Why is it critical to prioritize water removal?
• Water is a corrosive substance, rapidly causing the swelling and distortion or break down of many common building materials including:
-Unfinished wood (subfloors and framing)
• Water also contributes to mold growth. Moisture left unabated for 24 to 48 hours can incubate a nasty mold infestation.
• Floodwater is nearly always contaminated with chemicals, organic debris, and sewage backup. Human pathogens in the sewage can place your family at risk of grave illness.
What Can I Expect from Professional Floodwater Removal Services?
SERVPRO proudly proclaims: We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. Our rapid response means our trained technicians are on-site within hours with all the floodwater extraction and containment equipment on hand in our signature green trucks. Pumps and truck-mounted extractors make short work of flooding, and out portable units permit technicians flexibility needed to enter and remove water in tight spaces.
SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties gains your confidence with our prompt and well-prepared crews and inventory of commercial-grade flood removal equipment. Call (706) 843-1990 to set up an appointment now.