Recent Storm Damage Posts
Do You Need Help with Inventory after Augusta Flood Damages?
After your home suffers flood damage, you need a team of professionals to assist you with cleanup and inventory. Call SERVPRO right away.
SERVPRO Takes The Headache Out Of Inventory
Dealing with inventory is one of the most frustrating aspects of cleanup after flooding in your home.
If you need to claim insurance after flood damage in Augusta, you will need to provide an inventory of what was damaged. This can seem like a daunting task, especially when you are already dealing with the stress of flood damage.
Thankfully SERVPRO can help with inventory. Our Contents Claim Inventory Service includes:
- A preloss list.
- A note of the contents’ value.
- A detailed report on the damage.
Because we provide a detailed report, you have better evidence to take to your insurance company. We can also help provide photographic proof of loss, and in some cases, we can liaise with your insurance provider on your behalf.
SERVPRO’s philosophy is to restore and repair if we can and only dispose of items that are genuinely beyond salvage. Restoration and repair are usually cheaper than replacing items, so our process helps make an insurance claim.
For an inventory service you can rely on, call SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties at (706) 843-1990.
Storms and Flooding Affect Thomson – SERVPRO® can help
Lightning from storms can affect properties and cause a fire like this storage unit complex
SERVPRO® of Augusta South Wilkes & Burke Counties has equipment and crews on standby 24/7 to take your call. Our crews and technicians have been trained and are IICRC Certified.
What is IICRC?
IICRC = Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, this certification is needed for potential SERVPRO® employees to begin restoring homes and businesses. To earn an IICRC certification, individuals must undergo numerous training courses and complete rigorous testing, to assure that they are ready and capable of restoring Thomson, GA homes like yours after a disaster.
IICRC certification is recognized globally and training is continuous. Crew chiefs and technicians are expected to constantly test and be well educated on advancements within the cleanup and restoration industry in knowledge and equipment usage.
With over 1,800 SERVPRO® franchises throughout the United States and Canada, high importance is placed on earning IICRC certification.
SERVPRO® Storm Teams
Storms may one day plague our Thomson area or the CSRA. It is important to know that you have SERVPRO® of Augusta South Wilkes & Burke Counties at your aid to help you and your property should you be affected by storms such as tornadoes and wind driven rain.
Tornadoes can affect your home through heavy wind-driven rain negatively impacting your roof and shingles. After storms, shingles and other pieces of roofing can be left missing and roofs suffer from leaks because of heavy wind-driven rain. SERVPRO of Augusta South Wilkes& Burke Counties is prepared to help connect you with the appropriate division within our franchise to help stop the leak and begin drying the roof structure.
Occasionally, after storms, roof leaks may not be immediately recognized. Water leaks may only be found once it rains or storms once again thus exposing the issue. Knowing when and how to quickly identify the leak is the first vital step to restoring your home.
It is customary for our crews to arrive, assess, and often temporarily help prevent your home from receiving further damage caused by storms. Thomson storms may take control of your home, but we are here to help guide you through the process of cleanup & restoration.
Recent Storm News Thomson, GA
Thankfully, Thomson is not normally afflicted with tornadoes and like storm events, however storms such as the 2007 Thomson Tornado can prove fatal, causing road closures due to fallen power lines and down trees. If you experience an issue with your property after a storm, Call the experts at SERVPRO® of Augusta South Wilkes & Burke Counties at 706-843-1990.
The Augusta Area is Especially Prone to Flooding
Flooding can seem overwhelming and insurmountable. Contact Team SERVPRO for effective water removal efforts.
Since its Founding, Augusta has Suffered Several Serious Flooding Events
Augusta’s location on the Savannah River has been both a blessing and a curse since its founding. The river the “Garden City” is situated on, along with the Georgia Railroad, has given it easy access to both the continent’s interior and the East Coast, making it a crucial transport point. This waterway has also provided the necessary resources to fuel the community’s industrial development and economic growth. As a result of all this, by the mid-1800s, Augusta had become one of the most important urban centers in the American South. At the same time, though, the river has often represented a major source of economic loss. Both the region’s particularly heavy rainfalls and the city’s specific location on the waterway have made it especially prone to catastrophic flooding.
The Benefits of Being on the Savannah River
Initially, the easy access the river provided to coastal shipping at Savannah made Augusta a transportation hub for area agricultural products. Then, in 1845, the city’s regional importance was greatly enhanced by the establishment of the Augusta Canal and opening of the Georgia Railroad. These two major developments transformed the community into a burgeoning southern industrial and transportation center. The canal facilitated commercial travel around the local falls and powered several mills, factories, and war industries during the Civil War. At the same time, the railroad effectively linked the city, via the Tennessee River, to the Mississippi River. This all made transporting goods from America’s interior, through Augusta, to the East Coast much more efficient and cost-effective.
The Hardships Caused by the River
Georgia’s second-largest city, Augusta, is prone to severe flooding because of its location. It is situated on the Savannah River at the Atlantic Seaboard Fall Line, where the more elevated Piedmont region meets the Atlantic Coastal Plain. So, whenever storms hit, all excess upland water rapidly drains down onto our prosperous community below. The effects of this unfortunate positioning are only exacerbated by the fact that the river drains an area with some of the heaviest rainfalls in North America. Heavy springtime rains and those from tropical storms and hurricanes, which move up the Atlantic Coast between June and November 30th, are often the culprits of our serious floods. As a consequence of these often unpredictable deluges, local residents and business owners often suffer substantial losses.
Tips for Mitigating Potential Losses Before a Flood Occurs
Although the Augusta area is more vulnerable to flooding than other places, there are effective ways to limit your risks of suffering catastrophic damage. While some of these may seem obvious, there are others you may not have considered. The following is a brief list of measures you can take before flooding occurs to mitigate potential losses:
- Find out what your property insurance policy covers and if it does not cover flood damage, buy additional flood insurance
- Keep valuables and insurance policies in a bank safe deposit box or at a secured storage site away from your residence
- Locate electric panels, furnaces, water heaters, and other appliances in higher parts of your home that are unlikely to be flooded
- Move expensive rugs, furniture, and other valuable items to higher floors of your house
- Place sandbags around the perimeter of your property to divert floodwaters away from it
- Watch weather forecasts, know essential storm-related terminology, and have all your preparations completed before storms arrive
In each of these ways, you can often safeguard your property and gain some peace of mind in the face of potential flood-related disasters.
What to Do During a Flood
As floods are occurring, it is paramount that you remain both calm and alert. Although natural disasters can be quite traumatic, you need to remain calm so you can successfully work through various related problems as they arise. At the same time, you need to remain ever aware of your situation as it unfolds. Here are some tips for avoiding flood hazards:
- Vigilantly monitor emergency information sources like NOAA Weather Radio, local radio and TV stations, and the Ready Georgia app
- Stay away from downed power lines
- Never drive around barricades or through standing water
- Avoid all contact with floodwaters
- Follow the instructions of local officials
If followed, this advice should help keep you safe during a flooding event.
What to Do After Floodwaters Have Receded
After floodwaters recede, it is important that you:
- Not return home until authorities say it is safe
- Contact a reputable flood damage cleanup & repair service as soon as possible
- Stay out of rooms with weakened floors or sagging ceilings
- Refrain from drinking your home’s tap water
With all that said, your local SERVPRO of Augusta South/Burke & Wilkes Counties is always here to help you recover from flood damage. Call us anytime at (706) 843-1990.
How is SERVPRO Different from Other Augusta Flood Damage Remediation Services?
While there are several flood damage cleanup and restoration companies in Augusta, few have the expertise or specialized high-tech equipment that SERVPRO does. It is both of these superior attributes that enable our company to go above and beyond what other services can do. Our specific training and gear include:
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training
- Technicians individually trained and certified in Applied Structural Drying, Applied Microbial Remediation, Water Damage Restoration, and Odor Control
- State-of-the-art water extraction, drying, microbe-eliminating, and odor-neutralizing equipment and chemicals, including: powerful water extractors; wet vacs; air movers; high-velocity box fans; various kinds of dehumidifiers; Injectidry systems; thermal and ultra-low volume foggers; and a wide array of commercial-grade disinfectants and antimicrobials
Utilizing all of these cutting edge resources, SERVPRO of Augusta South/Burke & Wilkes Counties is usually able to successfully remediate your flood damage and return your home to its pre-flood condition in record time. So, whenever you are faced with flood-related issues of any magnitude, remember that there is a high-quality neighborhood service that is always ready to help you. Call us anytime, day or night, at (706)-843-1990 for assistance.
Have Storm Damage in Thomson? We Can Help!
SERVPRO® of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties are ready to serve you should you experience storm damage in Thomson
Assessing Damage to Your Thomson Home or Business
Storms may not produce a large amount of rain; however, wind damage may be enough to affect your home and cause water damage. High winds can lift shingles, and when combined with wind driven rain could mean roof leaks. Water leaks from roof damage may hide in attic cavities that you may not initially see. Spotting weak areas on your home or businesses roof can mean the difference between identifying issues then fixing it quickly, or extensive damage. Call SERVPRO® of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties experts to be your guide on assessing damage and restoring your Thomson home from water damage. We can search with you to identify leaks, areas of concern, assess vents and fans that may be prone to leaks, and windows. All of these could pose a potential problem for leaks from storms.
Preventing Damage to Your Home
You cannot completely protect your home from storm damage, but you can take preventative measures. After a storm rolls through your area, you could experience damage to your home or business from flooding or wind damage. Wind damage and storm damage can occur sometimes simultaneously. One step towards creating a safer environment is to relocate or rid the area of loose debris that could harm windows, exterior, and roof.
Pro Tip: Thomson homes at risk for storm damage may need to store away their outdoor furniture and potted plants when expecting strong winds.
Restoring Your Home or Business with SERVPRO
Our processes for approaching a water loss is first, timeliness. We work with a 1-4-8 System, with connecting with you in less than an hour. Reporting to the loss site within 4 hours to arrive on site to start the restoration process through extracting’, setting equipment, and other necessary first-steps. After on-site arrival, 8-hours to communicate with your insurance company and receive a verbal briefing for scope of storm damage help Thomson work.
Pro Tip: Visit the NOAA webpage to get further information about future threatening weather and protecting your home or business.
Need help from SERVPRO® of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties? Call us at 706-843-1990
Are Homes Total Losses After Flood Damages?
We understand how seriously flood water can impact your home. No matter when you make the call, we have technicians who can assist you.
Natural flooding can be devastating for Grovetown homes, but our SERVPRO professionals can protect whatever possible.
When natural flooding occurs in Grovetown homes, it can be devastating for the structure and its occupants. With severe weather concerns common to the area, multiple families can get impacted by a singular natural disaster. With the likelihood of storm and flood damages throughout the region, we have a growing roster of experienced technicians ready to mobilize quickly when these disasters damage your house.
Because flood damage in Grovetown homes impacts so many areas of the property, multiple emergency services must begin as soon as our SERVPRO team arrives. Our rapid response technicians can work through several initial tasks that employ both our Water Restoration Technicians (WRT) and a group with building experience. These these professionals can help to reduce the devastation of natural flooding in the property in several areas, including:
- Temporary Construction - Techs can utilize their expertise to identify structural concerns and address these situations immediately. Vulnerabilities in the exterior of the house can lead to continued flood damages. Board up and tarping are standard temporary solutions to these vulnerabilities.
- Debris Removal – Debris, solids, organic matter, and mud can all get brought in with rising water levels and conditions like flash flooding. Removing these concerns through muck-out cleaning reduces concentrations of foul odors and potential contaminants.
- Extraction – Our water restorers must deploy several powerful tools in our inventory if pooling water does remain. Mismanaged pooling can result in oversaturation of exposed materials and greater needs for tear-out and build back. We use our industry-leading inventory to manage standing water concerns in the property.
- Controlled Demolition – Our team must determine what materials and structural elements have become too severely impacted to preserve. Sagging and deteriorating surfaces require removal and discarding for safe restoration in the house.
- Content Recovery – Identifying damage to personal belongings, furniture, and other contents is vital in cleaning and recovering these items. Through on-site cleaning and off-site restoration solutions, we can salvage what matters most to you.
Can Relocating Damaged Belongings Help?
The management and inventory of damaged contents in your flooded home can reduce the overall loss for customers. Because so many homeowners have one-of-a-kind treasures and keepsakes, not everything has a monetary value for replacement. We emphasize content management through relocating at-risk items upon arrival. When moved to our nearby SERVPRO facility, our cleaning technicians can offer several techniques to return these items to preloss condition, including:
- Cleaning – Surface cleaning strategies employ several abrasive and agitative methods ranging from brushes to media blasting. We can remove soils and residues to restore the vibrancy of your belongings.
- Deodorization – Flooding introduces decaying matter, sewage, and other substances into your home and to its contents. Time spent in the ozone chamber can neutralize harsh odors trapped in porous contents.
- Storage – With a climate-controlled facility, we can keep your belongings safe from the elements for days or months, depending on how complex and involved the restoration and recovery process is for your flood-damaged home.
How Can SERVPRO Prevent the Spread of Water Damage?
- Water Removal – Removing surface water is among the first logical steps in slowing the spread of flood damage throughout a property. Using various extraction methods ranging from submersible pumps to wet vacuums, we can prepare the property for cleaning and drying to come.
- Drying – Multiple tools play a role in moisture management and drying after a flood. Because oversaturation can be such a concern, controlled demolition must often precede the placement of air movers and dehumidification tools.
- Containment – By installing wood framing covered with thick poly-sheeting, we can establish clear drying zones. With these areas enclosed, regulating airflow, temperature, and humidity become easier.
- Monitoring – Using sophisticated tools and technologies, our professionals can monitor moisture pockets and the progression of drying practices in a home after a flood. By understanding a migration path, we can stop the spread and manage moisture concerns.
How Long Will Flood Restoration Take?
There is no singular timeline for flood restoration and recovery. With our SERVPRO team's fast response to post-disaster cleanup, we can begin mitigation actions to reduce total restoration times and possible losses. Because each situation is unique, some homes suffer more significant exposure to potential contaminants and bacteria after flooding than others. Between controlled demolition and reconstruction necessary in these cases, a property's overall recovery time could extend.
Specific practices implemented at the right times can be time and money-saving actions for customers. Mitigation is an entire phase of water and flood restoration devoted exclusively to reducing overall property loss through swift actions that lessen the severity of specific conditions. SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties (706) 843-1990.
We Are Knee-Deep in Floodwater -- Who Can Help Remove It Fast in Augusta?
“Like it never even happened.”
Post-Storm Floodwater Removal in Augusta Completes Quickly When SERVPRO Arrives with a Trained Team and the Appropriate Equipment
Torrential rains sweep and train across Georgia toward Augusta, fueled by different extreme weather systems, including hurricanes, tropical storms, and tropical depressions. When several inches of rain falls during a short period, the ground cannot absorb the moisture fast enough. Saturated landscaping near your foundation and the potential for overland floods combine to confront you with several inches of contaminated fluids in your lowest levels.
Is It Important to Remove Flood Waters Promptly?
Floodwater removal in your Augusta home is an urgent matter. The need for speed raises your stress levels because no homeowner is ready to rid a property of significant amounts of excess water without professional help. Why is it critical to prioritize water removal?
• Water is a corrosive substance, rapidly causing the swelling and distortion or break down of many common building materials including:
-Unfinished wood (subfloors and framing)
• Water also contributes to mold growth. Moisture left unabated for 24 to 48 hours can incubate a nasty mold infestation.
• Floodwater is nearly always contaminated with chemicals, organic debris, and sewage backup. Human pathogens in the sewage can place your family at risk of grave illness.
What Can I Expect from Professional Floodwater Removal Services?
SERVPRO proudly proclaims: We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. Our rapid response means our trained technicians are on-site within hours with all the floodwater extraction and containment equipment on hand in our signature green trucks. Pumps and truck-mounted extractors make short work of flooding, and out portable units permit technicians flexibility needed to enter and remove water in tight spaces.
SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties gains your confidence with our prompt and well-prepared crews and inventory of commercial-grade flood removal equipment. Call (706) 843-1990 to set up an appointment now.
Are Professional Flooding Recovery Companies Looking Only for Big Jobs in Augusta?
Clients of Large Buildings and Small Condos Are Relieved when SERVPRO Arrives to Mitigate Local Augusta Area Flood Damage
SERVPRO Commits to Helping Augusta Residents Reaching Out to Our Team for Assistance with Flood Water Removal for Spaces Large and Small
When a storm rips through your Augusta neighborhood, yours might not be the only dwelling with weather-related flood damage. If you are concerned that we are likely to take a hard pass on your disaster in favor of more substantial jobs, never fear. We are a local disaster recovery firm with connections to a nationwide network of other restoration professionals. Our ability to scale up and down our response ensures we give your circumstances the attention needed to make it “Like it never even happened.”
How Can Flood Damage Response Be Streamlined?
One of the ways we can manage multiple flood water removal projects in Augusta is to send fully-stocked service vehicles to each site. Although every flooding disaster presents a bit differently, our training and experience permit us to predict with some accuracy what tools, products, and equipment will be needed for flooding extraction. Our project manager assesses the situation for safety issues. At the same time, our crews secure the building with boards and tarps if indicated by the severity of the damage and the need to protect the interior from the elements.
What Does Flood Water Removal Involve?
Once our manager has a firm grasp of the needs at your home, the SERVPRO crew receives direction to commence emergency services, including:
- Careful punching of holes or sawing of flood cuts to release hidden water located using moisture detectors and/or infrared imagery
- Pumping and extraction of the floodwaters into holding tanks for appropriate disposal
- Cleaning of soiled surfaces and disinfection with EPA-registered products
- Structural drying using data gathered from wet areas and dry materials in other areas of your home to set goals and monitor progress
The high-quality, scalable resources of SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties are on offer to all our customers, residential and commercial. Call (706) 843-1990 for an evaluation of your circumstances and an ongoing plan.
What Kind of Secondary Damage Can You Expect After a Delayed Response to Flood Damage?
Trust the experts at SERVPRO with your homes flood damage. We have the tools and knowledgeable technicians to get the job done.
SERVPRO’s Highly-Qualified Team Is Familiar with the Long-Term Consequences of Flood Damage in Augusta -- We Have the Resources to Respond Successfully
Although you would heed the advice to contact flood water removal professionals immediately and quite willingly if the emergency occurs when you are far from your Augusta home, following the recommendation is impossible. Whether the floodwaters are storm or rising-waterway related, when you return to a lower level full of silty, smelly fluids, you need help, not a lecture.
Why Is Rapid Removal of Flooding Best Practices?
When flood damage in Augusta ripens for hours or days before mitigation and remediation efforts begin, the consequences are largely predictable. The longer restoration efforts delay, the more profound the damage and higher the expense to effectuate solutions.
- Drywall wicks the floodwaters up above the flood line, exposing the building material to deterioration--swelling, bulging, crumbling.
- Laminate floors hold up poorly, the veneer separating from the base, ruining the materials.
- Carpeting and padding absorb the fluids, stretching, and weakening, increasing the risk of adhesive failure and delamination of fibers from the backing.
- Hardwood and subfloors, as well as wood framing and supports, begin to absorb the fluid, the processed, and unfinished wood products in the sublayers and framing faring worse because of the lack of relative density and protective finishes.
- Metal fasteners tarnish and rust.
- Appliances and HVAC system housing might take on water and begin to corrode, while electronic or mechanical switches short out, an electric hazard created as well.
- Contents, including everything from furniture to documents and photos to clothing and household goods, become saturated and begin to disintegrate in many cases.
Is It Impossible to Recover When Water Removal and Drying Comes Late?
SERVPRO invests in both the best training and the most innovative and effective equipment. Our managers and technicians complete rigorous coursework developed by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC), mastering strategies that can transform spaces devastated by even advanced flood damage back to preloss condition. Our equipment is specialized and powerful, able to extract copious amounts of water fast, and our drying inventory is capacious enough to provide the air movement, temperature adaptations, and dehumidification needed for any scale of damage.
What About the Unintended Outcomes of Delay--Secondary Damage?
You might be wondering if your entire home will need rebuilding after a tardy response to water damage. One of the considerations is that floodwaters are already evaluated as Category 3 water, the most contaminated, by definition. As time passes, the contaminants do increase. Some materials suffer severe damage and need to be removed and replaced. Others can be remediated:
- Padding and, nearly always, carpeting must be pulled up and disposed of as hazardous waste. We help with this challenging task, removing water not to save the floor covering for reuse, but to lessen its weight and reduce the humidity in the space.
- Warped hardwood can make a comeback if water extraction gets underway as soon as possible. Wanded extractors and negative pressure floor mats can pull most of the liquid out, and then drying can bring the moisture content in the wood back to the average of approximately 10 percent for refinishing. The subfloors must be dried as well, and inspection might suggest that some plywood sheets might need replacement.
- Structural drying using air movers, heaters, and dehumidifiers can reduce the swelling of structural joists, beams, studs, and other supports. We sometimes work with engineers who might recommend selected reinforcement with new materials.
- Worried about microbial growth? We address this with aggressive cleaning using EPA-registered products after the water evacuates. Follow up with EPA-registered disinfectants inhibit regrowth of infectious pathogens. Because our crews are at risk of contact with hazardous agents, technicians wear personal protective equipment (PPE), usually throughout the project.
What About Mold Growth and Damage?
It is nearly impossible to make it through a delayed-response flooding event without some mold involvement. Mold spores are present in all spaces, including your flooded home. If 24 to 48 hours pass, the spores use the now widely available water to fuel their rapid growth and multiplication. We help manage this secondary damage in several ways:
- We can choose to use a preliminary broadcast treatment of EPA-registered antimicrobials to treat the worksite before tasks begin.
- We are on the lookout for mold throughout the mitigation and remediation of your flooded property.
- If we observe colonies and spreading, we add a mold remediation phase to the overarching flood recovery plan. Certified mold remediators contain, remove, and lawfully discard moldy materials. Post-cleanup, we apply EPA-registered antimicrobials to affected and adjacent surfaces to inhibit mold rebound.
What is the benefit of reaching out to SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties for help with complicated flood damage scenarios? Our experienced and talented team can transform chaos back to “Like it never even happened,” when given the call at (706) 843-1990.
Whom Should I Call If My Augusta Home Has Flood Damage?
SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties is in your neighborhood to help you through tough times.
Augusta Residents Should Call SERVPRO to Assess and Remediate Damage After a Flood
Discussions of climate change are frequently in the news. Our planet seems to be getting warmer, while hurricanes and flooding seem to occur more often. When we are at risk of water coming into our homes, we need to be ready to act. Having a professional team of technicians at our service is priceless when an emergency occurs. At SERVPRO, we are here for you when you need us.
Is it safe to clean floodwater on my own?
Floodwater is not the same as water coming from a broken washing machine or a leaky faucet. Whenever water comes into your Augusta home from nearby rivers, creeks, or the street, it brings bacteria and wastes with it. Our technicians wear protective personal equipment (PPE) to safeguard us against any health threats associated with microorganisms now in your home. When you call us, you can rely on our knowledge and experience to clean and disinfect your home. Once we extract the water, we proceed with the disinfecting and sanitizing process. Thankfully, our industry-grade equipment allows us to target items and areas of your home with different cleaning solutions. Examples of equipment and techniques available to our trained staff include:
• EPA-approved cleaning solutions
• Foggers to permeate all areas of your home with disinfectant
• Containment materials to isolate affected areas of your home and prevent cross-contamination
When undesirable water comes into your home, you should not take it lightly. If you don't eliminate its traces, you leave yourself vulnerable to mold and other biohazards, compromising your health and that of your family. Allow us to give you expert advice at this time and help you assess the damage and its consequences.
SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties is in your neighborhood to help you through tough times. Call us at (706) 843-1990 and let us leave your home, “Like it never even happened.”
For more about Augusta click here.
Storm and Floods Compromise Thomson Homes--Contact SERVPRO for Advice, Cleanup, and Restoration Services
SERVPRO Removes and Replaces Storm-Damaged Building Elements and Fixtures in Thomson Area Homes Only When Necessary.
Why You Need Quick Flood Damage Restoration for Your Thomson Home
Many potential disasters can ruin your home, but floods are the least predictable when it comes to the destruction they can cause. Some property owners can salvage their houses, even if they have to discard some appliances, furniture, carpets, and curtains. Others incur thousands of dollars in repairing their flood-damaged homes.
When your Thomson home has flood damage, mold may also develop behind walls and other areas where moisture is not visible. Apart from causing water damage, flooding can also increase the risk of a fire through:
• Leaking above-ground gas tanks, containers, or lines.
• Electrically charged water.
• Attempts to use electrical appliances that have come into contact with water.
After a flood, your safety and that of your family is critical above everything else. It is, therefore, essential to inspect the property to avoid risking your health or your life by entering an unsafe property. SERVPRO advises securing professional assistance. Some structural destruction to your house can be clearly visible, while other damage may need close inspection. Some of the losses you can look out for include:
• Warping and distortion of structures like floorboards.
• Wood rot in the end grain of wooden structures.
• Termite damage because wet wood entices them (longer-term impact)
• The visible undermining of your home’s foundation like the erosion of the ground at its base.
• Damp plaster, wallboard, insulation, and paneling.
You can also hire a professional to inspect these structures thoroughly as well as other structures like the HVAC system, walls, ceilings, air ducts, and electrical systems.
Drying out your home after flooding is essential because it can prevent mold growth and help preserve many structural components and contents. You can rely on SERVPRO to remove the water quickly. We can use powerful water extraction equipment to remove the floodwater and dispose of it following local regulations and guidelines.
Our team can also remove and discard debris. We can carefully remove all contaminated porous materials and place them in 6-mil polyethylene bags. We can construct a decontamination chamber and move solid waste like bags of carpet and carpet pad as well as drywall into it. Within the chamber, we can bag them again to cover any contamination of the original bag’s surface. After double-bagging the waste, we can move it into the unaffected area and then place it inside a dumpster or close to the work vehicle.
Flooding usually disrupts sewage disposal systems, chemical spillage, and overflow of toxic waste sites. Therefore, the floodwater that entered your home may contain bacteria, chemical toxins, and sewage. Our SERVPRO team can clean and decontaminate your home to eliminate these toxins. We can wash, disinfect, and dry salvageable items like those made of porcelain, glass, and plastic.
After a flooding incident, you need assistance to restore your home to its preloss state. Call SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties at (706) 843-1990 for prompt restoration services. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster
Get Reliable Storm & Flood Cleanup in Thomson
Thompson your flood damage can and will take over, let us assist you through every bit of the damage.
SERVPRO knows what your Thompson flood damage will need.
Georgia homeowners know how to be prepared for storm damage to their homes. Still, they may be surprised to know how costly storms can be for homeowners each year. According to 2013 National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) data, wind damage alone from storms causes $626.8 million in property damage. Lightning contributes to $23.9 million, and flash flooding causes a staggering $956.9 million in property damage costs.
If your Thomson residence requires storm and flood cleanup, certified SERVPRO technicians are always available to come to your home and initiate the cleanup process. If severe storms and related disasters have caused power outages in your area, technicians can provide their own power sources for sump pumps and extraction tools to ensure that you get the deep clean that your home requires.
Filing Claims After Storm Damage
- Handling fallen trees on your property. Many insurance policies do not offer coverage for full tree removal, even after storms, except for the parts that interfere with structural repairs. Coverage amounts for this type of removal are limited, so keep that in mind when you file your claim and prepare to make repairs.
- Dealing with premiums after filing a storm damage claim. An adjuster can help you determine whether a storm damage claim is the best option for your situation. If you have received a claims-free discount on your premium, you might lose that benefit when you file.
- Adjusters are ready to help. These professionals work with you to speed up the insurance claims process while ensuring that you receive the compensation you need to repair and replace items and structures on your property after a disaster.
SERVPRO Removes Water Fast
SERVPRO technicians have a variety of tools for extracting water and preparing a home for disinfection and drying after storms and flooding have occurred. These pieces of equipment include portable, back-mounted extractors, electric or gas-powered submersible sump pumps, and truck-mounted pumps. All of these remove water with a trio of systems that work together to prepare the home for drying. Heating, pumping, and vacuuming are all critical systems, but the vacuum component is the most instrumental in water extraction.
SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties serves the community by being Faster to Any Size Disaster. You can call (706) 843-1990 today for swift disaster cleanup.
To learn more about Thomson, click here.
We Provide Fast Stormwater Removal In Thomson
The technicians are available 24/7 because We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Stormwater Removal in Thomson Gets Fast Help
Georgia gets intense storms all year round, and damage to homes is not unusual from wind, rain, and flash floods. Some fast action by homeowners such as mopping up water or moving furniture out of the water loss area assists in lessening the loss. Exposure time is a crucial factor for limiting the restorability of numerous types of objects in the home.
Stormwater removal in Thomson properties begins both inside and outside the residence. SERVPRO technicians inspect homes with damage allowing rainwater into the house and make any necessary temporary repairs such as boarding up windows or tarping over a damaged roof.
Tracking Water Migration Paths
When water enters a home, it can wind up in a lot of areas. Technicians use different types of moisture detection equipment to trace the migration path and determine if the water ran within walls, floor joists, or under flooring, so the appropriate extraction and drying configurations are set up.
Attics with Water Need Special Handling
Depending on the type of insulation in the attic and length of water exposure, the technicians can remove the fiberglass insulation using a specialized attachment on their vacuum to collect the insulation for drying outside the home. To inhibit the growth of mold, the application of an antimicrobial sealant on sheetrock and wood beams is a common practice.
Walls and Ceilings
In the case of walls and ceilings, SERVPRO technicians halt the wicking process in sheetrock using flood cuts. This controlled demolition action neatly removes damaged sheetrock and readies it for drying and repairs. When water affects ceilings, using weep holes allows for both drainage and more airflow for drying.
Stormwater Affected Carpet and Furnishings
When rainwater saturates carpet or furnishings, as long as extraction and drying efforts begin within 24-hours, the potential for restoration is often high. This salvaging pertains to rainwater, not groundwater, which holds contaminants requiring disposal of the flooring material. SERVPRO technicians have specialized extraction equipment to work on carpet and upholstered furnishings.
Stormwater removal should happen as quickly as possible. Call SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties at (706) 843-1990. The technicians are available 24/7 because We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
For more about Thomson click here.
We Provide Thorough Assessments To Thomson Homes After A Flood
The carpeting and the soaked drywall have been removed in a "controlled demolition" after flood damage struck this home.
Recovery without Flood Coverage in Thomson Homes
Much of the work that our professional restorers can offer Thomson homes after any loss incident can often get partially or entirely covered by homeowner insurance. Flooding is one of the exceptions to this, as many standard policies do not include flood coverage, especially in areas less prone to this disaster. With every home potentially at risk for these natural disasters and flooding following structural damages, you need to know how to address these threats even without the proper insurance coverage.
Insurance companies are not always forthcoming with the services that they can help to afford, which might include debris removal or even flood water removal for Thomson residences. As vague as a policy might be, the most effective approach that homeowners can take is to reach out to your insurance adjuster or agent directly. You can usually reach a representative 24/7 unless you have a local provider with strict office hours.
This call can give you an idea if any aspects of flood damage recovery get covered by your policy. Our SERVPRO team can arrive quickly to your emergency to provide a thorough assessment and estimate of the repair and restoration costs. We can work with your insurance provider when necessary to coordinate which recovery options are out of pocket expenses for our customers. A general estimate of the proposed restoration cost can also help you to determine if utilizing insurance coverage is cost-effective, as many property owners still must initially afford a deductible.
Our SERVPRO team can help to work with our customers to meet specific budgetary confinements when possible without cutting corners on the quality result you expect. Our ability to keep your costs lower hinges on our fast response to emergencies to contain the damaged areas and to begin vital mitigation efforts that can protect installed construction materials from requiring removal and reinstallation.
Many homeowners throughout the Greater Augusta area do not have flood coverage on their home insurance. Despite this fact, our SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties team can still help whenever disasters strike. Give us a call anytime that you need us at (706) 843-1990.
See more about Thomson.
We Can Save Your Flood Damaged Home In Augusta
You can reach our experts at (706) 843-1990 any time.
Cleaning After Flood Damage In Your Augusta Home
Flooding events are not just highly destructive but also pose high risks when they affect your home. Restoring your Augusta home to its preloss state is possible, but it requires sufficient skills and resources to deal with the destruction and risks. We offer professional flood damage mitigation that lightens the burden for you.
Flooding incidents ruin properties in many ways, including soiling and structural destruction. When the flood damage in your Augusta home involves groundwater, only the primary issue is soiling and contamination. While it is painless to extract the water that collects in ground floor rooms and basements, in many cases, sludge is left requiring additional steps. Our SERVPRO teams use advanced equipment such as pressure washers or simple tools like shovels to deal with the slurry.
Contamination is a severe threat when property floods. It is not possible to save porous materials affected by the water even when physical damage is minimal because of the contamination - contents such as carpets and upholstery fall in this category. It is also necessary to remove building materials such as insulation and drywall. Our SERVPRO technicians make flood cuts six inches above the waterline for easier removal of building materials and water trapped in the wall cavities. We also remove carpets and other porous contents for proper disposal.
Flooding and the cleanup processes that follow leave many sections of the property wet. The relative humidity is also high within the house after the incident, which can lead to other problems like mold. Various drying steps can help restore the property to its preloss state. Our SERVPRO technicians manipulate elements such as heat and air movements to expedite the drying process. We can also create drying chambers by dividing expansive areas with plastic sheets to quicken drying. We rely on various advanced equipment such as:
• Air Scrubbers
• Air Movers
• Floor Drying Systems
For peace of mind when dealing with the dirty task of restoring the flood-damaged property, call SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties. You can reach our experts at (706) 843-1990 any time.
For more about Augusta click here.
A Flood Can Happen Quickly, Let Our Experts Restore Your Augusta Home To Pre-Damage Condition!
No matter the weather and season, SERVPRO stays ready 24/7 to help mitigate and reverse the effects of flood damage in your home.
How Flood Damage Can Strike In Augusta When You Least Expect It
Flood damage does not always happen as a result of a major storm: average rainfall can sometimes lead to home damage when you least expect it. SERVPRO technicians respond to flood damage calls year-round, and while harsh weather leads to the most severe cases we encounter, we stay ready after any rainy day for the relatively high chance of a call for help with flooding. Here are a few ways that relatively mild wet weather can lead to damage to your home.
Runoff can cause some of the most severe flood damage in Augusta without the presence of a major storm. When the ground and soil becomes filled with so much water that it cannot hold anymore, any further rainfall starts to flow downhill instead of being absorbed. This effect can quickly lead to flash flooding in the area or even a potential landslide. Flooding in these situations usually affects homes at the base of a hill or in a low-lying area but could cause damage to any local neighborhood.
Leaving open a window during a rainstorm can quickly cause damage to an entire room or area of your home. Soaked carpets, walls, and furniture all require the help of a specialist company like SERVPRO to dry out without sustaining additional damage, but thankfully, most of these cases are short and inexpensive projects. To avoid damage of this type, make sure your windows stay closed when the clouds gather, especially if winds start to pick up.
Leaks and Overflowing Gutters
Chance calamities such as gutter clogs and leaks in the exterior of your home can lead to some isolated flooding on your property. Do your best to remedy the source of these damages by any means necessary when you find them, as a quick seal job or removal of clogging materials can prevent the kind of significant damage that requires a call to SERVPRO.
No matter the weather and season, SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties stays ready 24/7 to help mitigate and reverse the effects of flood damage in your home. Call us at (706) 843-1990.
Click here for more about Augusta.
How Roof Damage Can Cause Flooding in Your Waynesboro Home
Tarp your roof to avoid further water damage.
Roof Damage That Can Flood Your Waynesboro Home
Storm damages can leave you with expensive repairs and unknowns for your Waynesboro home. Even more pressing than the immediate structural concerns are the effects that could result from vulnerabilities in areas like your home’s roof. The temperature swings through winter months along with severe weather systems can take their toll on shingled roofs, eventually prying off individual shingles or causing entire portions of your roof’s structure to fail.
Roof damages to your Waynesboro home can allow for many damaging effects to occur, but the most significant concern for homeowners is flooding. With vulnerabilities and penetration points in your roof’s structure, runoff and torrential rainfall can get inside the attic and upper floors of your home unabated. To resolve this situation, you need a team that can respond quickly with restoration and mitigation experience like our SERVPRO professionals.
From the time that our team arrives at your address, we can quickly determine the source of the damage that your home has sustained and work to provide immediate emergency repairs to prevent further penetration. Board up and tarping services can provide a temporary bandage to prevent further exposure while the mitigation work gets underway.
With flooding situations, extraction is critical to begin right away to prevent penetration into materials yet to get exposed to the spreading water. We can utilize portable pumps and extraction wands to ensure that all of the excess water gets removed from the affected areas to help in successful drying efforts to follow shortly after. Our SERVPRO Franchise professionals can also remove at-risk items during this mitigation as part of our pack-out process to protect your belongings until the home gets restored.
Roof damage requires an immediate response from trained professionals that have the experience and equipment to help. If your home has already gotten flooded from vulnerabilities in your roof, let our SERVPRO of Augusta rapid response team help you to make this disaster “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call anytime that you need us at (706) 868-5441.
Waynesboro was named Tree City USA by the Arbor Day Foundation. Read more here.