No Time to Deal with a Water Damage? Call SERVPRO Now
Combat a Water Damage Threat with SERVPRO
Managing a business is expensive. You spend not only financially, but also with your time. So, when a water damage or fire damage threatens your business, calling the experts in restoration for a quick recovery is vital.
SERVPRO has been in the restoration industry for over 50 years. With decades of serving, innovating, and combined years of experience amongst every franchise, at SERVPRO we have seen every disaster there could be both small and larger than life. Having an expert team means that the level of care, attention, and detail to the restorative process is applied to every loss we are called to help rescue.
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
When you have a water damage, it is understandable to want to have the problem corrected immediately. However, as you wait for crews to arrive, there are measures you can take to help begin the process. Here are a few professional tips to help:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
Just as there are actions you can take to help after a water damage, there are things we recommend not to do:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Be safe when approaching a water damage, safety first! Our professionals specialize in residential water damage restoration, with training focused on restoring salvageable items, accelerating drying time while documenting the entire restoration process.
Need Water Damage Help for Your Business?
Call our team for help! We are always ready to answer the call to help 706-843-1990.