How Do Residents of Augusta Reduce Flood Damage Expense?
SERVPRO of Augusta Can Help to Limit Flood Expenses Through Effective Mitigation
Augusta is one of Georgia's principal cities that carries a global reputation thanks to its US Masters Golf Tournament, which attracts nearly 250,000 people to the area every April. However, the competition and its coveted Green Jacket tradition are just one small part of this bustling city that boasts fantastic natural scenery, local history, and boutique shopping. The region is famous for its southern hospitality, which guarantees an excellent mixture of restaurants, hotels, and tours. The local cuisine revolves around pit barbeques and other southern delicacies, ensuring that it attracts tourists throughout the year outside of the iconic Masters' tournament.
Much of the local architecture in Augusta, GA, is listed on the register of historic places with the downtown district, particularly resplendent with buildings that pre-date the American Civil War. Some of the highlights in Augusta include its airy restaurants, hotels, and war memorials. A significant portion of the city was dedicated to its early agricultural history when mills were set up alongside the Savannah River. The Forks Area Trail System (FATS) is rated as one of the top mountain biking spots in the United States and has played host to the World Mountain Biking Summit several times during the past decades.
- The Lady Antebellum Pavilion, located on the Evans Town Center Park, has retained a fantastic reputation for live music and events. The amphitheater plays host to up to 7,000 residents and visitors, which celebrates established and emerging artists in the South of the United States.
- Southern cuisine has a reputation for its barbecue joints. The regional cuisine is best-enjoyed at Scoyners, a multi-generational, family-run business along Scoyners Way. Meat cuts are cooked for at least twenty-four-hours over hot coals before being served up to residents and visitors.
- The Morris Museum of Art, located on 10th street, is one of the US' oldest galleries, with over 4,500 works across several rooms. The gallery covers a period from the eighteenth century to the modern-day. Alongside its permanent collection is an eclectic mix of contemporary artists and film screenings.
SERVPRO Can Operate a Comprehensive Flood Damage Restoration Solution for your Augusta Home
Flooding events can be dangerous, traumatic, and damaging. Often, flooding is the result of a severe weather event which can include flash-flooding or groundwater issues as well as:
- basement flooding
- burst pipes
- emergency services water damage
SERVPRO technicians are trained to recognize the different effects these issues can have on your home and work tirelessly to mitigate loss or restore existing damages. We are available twenty-four-hours a day for residents during an emergency. Our call-out times are guaranteed to arrive within four hours of notification of loss.
- Emergency procedures for flooding incidents typically involve boarding up the structure or removing water using industrial equipment.
- Our drying programs can often run overnight using dehumidifiers and strategically deployed air-movers to encourage faster evaporation.
- SERVPRO has a dedicated roster of technicians that can restore wood and metal framework and upholstery and flooring.
To reduce losses after a flooding event, contact SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties for flood damage restoration at (706) 843-1990.