Fire Restoration Services in Augusta that You Can Count On
Calling SERVPRO to Your Augusta Home Puts Skilled Fire Damage Technicians On the Scene and Ready to Work
Fire is undoubtedly a devastating force, which leaves behind a mass of charred debris and damaged belongings. Having a fire in your home might be a significant blow, but it does not have to be a lost cause. Calling in the help of trained and IICRC-certified technicians to your Augusta home gives you the prompt, professional service that you deserve. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, and we are ready to help you overcome the devastation with our proven methods.
What Happens After the Fire is Out?
No matter how the blaze started, once the flames get extinguished, you need the first responders to deem it safe for entry. Once called, our team will come to your property to assess your fire damage in Augusta so that we can put a detailed plan in place. Even though everything might feel overwhelming, know that our team of professionals has been through training to work fast so that we can restore your home to the way that it used to be before the fire.
Our SERVPRO team follows guidelines for the major principles of cleaning up after a fire, including:
• Inspection of the fire-loss zone: Our crew begins where the fire originated and then moves through the interior to see how far the smoke and soot traveled.
• Identification of residues within the home: One property can contain a variety of residues. Because of this, our restoration team selects the best products and cleaning methods to remove each residue present
• Determination of what surfaces need attention: Each surface impacted during a fire event must be treated according to which products and techniques are safest to use. Our skilled technicians work carefully to preserve every surface. However, some materials may be unsalvageable due to the level of damage or the inability to handle the cleaning process.
There are different elements of cleaning (TACT) that go into cleaning your interior after a fire. Several areas that we look at so that we can effectively remove residue include:
• Chemical Action
There will be several challenges throughout the cleaning process due to the manner that heat from the flames, moisture, oxygen, and gases mingle to create smoke residue. The materials that burned will also play a major role in how our crew proceeds. Our methods and planning allow us to adjust so that we can approach your fire damage project in the efficient and quickest way.
What Methods are Used for Cleaning?
Some of the soiling throughout your interior after a fire may be water-soluble, yet others will require cleaning using solvent-based products. It is essential that we also consider the surface material, as some may become damaged by solvents or water.
The three steps that we use are:
• Washing – We may apply cleaning agents to the surface with agitation to penetrate the soiled area to facilitate removal.
• Rinsing – Residues are then rinsed away with a cleaning solution. This step is dependent on factors like airflow, pressure, agitation, and others for material penetration and extraction.
• Drying – Any leftover moisture and leftover residue get removed while heat, airflow, and low humidity help ramp up drying times. We use equipment such as fans and air movers to create natural air movement throughout the loss zone.
Some items benefit from immersion cleaning techniques. During this process, materials get immersed in a specialized cleaning agent. A technician controls the temperature and the amount of the cleaning product, along with the length of time that the material gets fully immersed.
We also have ultrasonic cleaning, which is a process using sound waves to put out millions of tiny vapor bubbles. As the bubbles collapse, they make the residue easier to remove.
What About these Foul Odors?
Our goal with any fire damage project is to ensure that we leave your interior “Like it never even happened.” In order to do so, we use a broad range of EPA-registered cleaning and deodorizing agents. Some of the products that our Green Fleet comes stocked with includes:
• Odor counteracting beads
• Deodorant granules or pellets
• Water-based odor counteractants
• Water-based wet mist deodorizers
• Solvent-based thermal fog deodorizers
• Water-based thermal fog deodorizers
In many fire loss events, our crew may have to use layers that include multiple deodorization techniques. Some odors within your home might call for direct spraying or fogging while others call for activated oxygen. We always take stock of the situation to adjust the equipment and products used to achieve our goals.
Your fire damage is no match for our skilled team at SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties. Give us a call at (706) 843-1990, and we have crews standing by for 24/7 emergency service.