Our Professionals Discuss The Steps For Effective Fire Damage Cleanup In Thompson
Steps for Effective Fire Damage Cleanup In Your Thompson Residence
Home fires are relatively common. According to the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA), fire departments in the U.S.A respond to about 354,400 home structure fires every year. The NFPA collected this data between the years 2013 and 2017. After a fire, smoke, soot, and charring can affect walls, appliances, and flooring, among other structures and contents.
A fire incident can leave you confused, not sure where to begin. Performing fire damage cleanup in your Thompson residence is a daunting process. Thankfully, you can seek assistance from SERVPRO franchise professionals. We can handle any magnitude of fire damage to restore your home to its preloss condition. Our technicians have experience and are equipped with the right equipment to perform activities such as:
• Deodorizing smoke odor: Smoke can travels to hard-to-access areas quickly, leaving a smell behind. Our experts can use equipment like thermal foggers to remove the odors. This equipment heats deodorizing agents into a mist, which mimics the behavior of smokes. The mist travels to the areas where the smoke went to eliminate the odor, “Like it never even happened.”
• Cleaning and restoring contents: There are valuables that you cannot restore with home remedies. Depending on the severity of the fire loss, our crew can restore items like furniture, clothing, and drapes.
• Removing smoke residues: Our experts can remove smoke residues from every corner of your residence to provide a healthy living environment for your family.
Depending on the magnitude of the fire loss, there is a possibility of recovering structures. Different surfaces require different cleaning strategies. Our restorers can identify salvageable materials and clean them effectively.
• Wood Floors: Our team of experts can use cleaners to remove smoke residues from your hardwood floor. The cleaners can eradicate smoke residues from floor finishing.
• Carpets: The water used to fight the fire can stain fabric surfaces if not removed on time. During the restoration process, we can use high-tech equipment and cleaning solutions that remove all stains and spots from wool carpeting and fabrics.
• Glass and windows: During the fire incident, smoke and soot can settle on many surfaces, including on glass and windows. We can use glass cleaners to remove all smoke residues on both the window frames and glass.
SERVPRO’s team of experts can also complete the delicate task of removing ash from your appliances, electronics, and other affected items. Since our experts understand how difficult it is to lose your possessions, we can take the appropriate steps to restore then to their original condition where possible.
SERVPRO of Augusta South / Burke & Wilkes Counties is a premier fire restoration company. Call us today at (706) 843-1990 for dedicated fire damage cleanup services in Augusta, Grovetown, and Waynesboro.
For more about Thompson click here.